Saturday, July 23, 2011

Reading on Vacation

We are leaving for a trip to visit family in Ohio and Michigan. I know a lot of people read during these long drives - but reading (even looking at a map) in a moving vehicle makes me car sick like you would not believe!

What to do while we are driving hours and hours?

My husband won't listen to audiobooks (they sound too much like talk radio - another no no!). So, I took to my library - and iTunes.

I went to the online audiobook library here and downloaded a book called One Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury. I couldn't figure out how to download the books I really wanted, so I had to go with a MP3 that would play on a mac so I could get it onto my computer to transfer. I hope it's good.

Then I went to iTunes - last time we did a drive like this I downloaded a season of Bones to watch. This time I opted for two more audiobooks - Ill Wind by Rachel Caine and Whiskey Sour by J.A. Konrath.

Now I have three audiobooks loaded on my iPod - hopefully these will keep me occupied during the drive.

I'm also not taking any hard copy books. *GASP* I opted to take both my Nook and Kobo. There's plenty of reading on those for the days when we are just hanging out doing nothing.

How do you guys handle road trips and vacations? Do you take a lot of books with you? Are you lucky enough to be able to read in car?

~ Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~ Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing comments is almost as good as reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...