Saturday, June 4, 2011

~Book Review~ Yankee Doodle Dead by Carolyn Hart

Who and What: Yankee Doodle Dead by Carolyn Hart; Hardcover Edition; ISBN 9780380793266


What it's about: Sleuthing couple Annie and Max Darling watch as the Fourth of July explodes not only with fun and fireworks, but with murder. The new library board member has alienated everyone in town, especially the women. But Annie finds it difficult to ignore him--particularly when he is shot dead before her eyes. (goodreads)


What I think: This is book 10 in the Death on Demand Series, but the first one I've read. Of course I always show up in the middle of a series, especially when I'm looking for titles that fill my A to Z reading challenge! Not knowing everyone's background didn't detract from the story though. I loved how the detectives in this case are a couple. It was fun to see what each of them was doing while trying to figure out the killer. I loved how the authors descriptions of South Carolina during the summer were spot on and found it amusing that she even pointed out that South Carolinians call roaches 'palmetto bugs'. Yes, they really do. This book was written a little differently than most cozies, the suspects all had huge personal reasons to do the killing. It also solved in more of a real sleuthing manner than most cozies now. Kind of reminded me of the Hardy Boys, only married adults! 


Would I recommend this book? Yes, I think it was a fun read and worth the time to check out.


Where I got it: The Library


Challenges this book counts towards: 2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge; 100 Books in a Year Reading Challenge; A to Z Reading Challenge

~ Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~ Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing comments is almost as good as reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...