Friday, June 3, 2011

~Book Review~ The Emperor's Tomb by Steve Berry

Who and What: The Emperor's Tomb by Steve Berry; Hardcover Edition; ISBN 9780345505491

What it's about: Hearing that his old friend Cassiopeia Vitt is in trouble, Malone follows the few clues he has and realises that they are in the middle of something huge, involving Russian and US oil interests and a centuries-old secret. After stumbling across two dead bodies and into the crosshairs of his former boss, Malone finds himself in a race to unravel the mystery of an emperor's tomb, a sinister society, and a deadly battle between two ruthless men for supremacy in China -- and the world. (goodreads)

What I thought: I was a little worried after The Charlemagne Pursuit that Berry had lost his touch, but all I can say is "He's back". The absolute perfect blend of suspense and history. So many double crosses you really can't figure out who's good and who's bad. In the end, you just think they are all human. The backdrop of this book focuses on Chinese history. I knew little of this (you know, like they invented fireworks) but it was interesting to learn that they did so much more and long before Western Civilization. As always, Berry includes the separation of fact from fiction at the end.

How I Rate It: Well, I took my number system away (yes the ever changing blog o' Kris) so I'm just going to say - I loved it.

Where I got it: The library.

Challenges this counts towards: 2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge, A to Z Reading Challenge, 100 Books in a Year Reading Challenge

~ Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~ Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing comments is almost as good as reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...