Wednesday, June 22, 2011

~Audiobook Review~ Rusty Nail


Who and What: Rusty Nail by J.A. Konrath, Audiobook Edition, ISBN 9781423312383, Narrated by Susie Breck and Dick Hall; #3 in The Jack Daniels Mystery Series


What it's about: Lt. Jacqueline “Jack” Daniels of the Chicago Police Department is back, and once again she's up to her Armani in murder. Someone is sending Jack snuff videos. The victims are people she knows, and they share a common trait - all were involved in one of Jack's previous cases. With her stalwart partner, Herb, hospitalized and unable to help, Jack follows a trail of death throughout the Midwest, on a collision course with the smartest and deadliest adversary she has ever known.

During the chase, Jack jeopardizes her career, her love life, and her closest friends. She also comes to a startling realization - serial killers have families, and blood runs thick. (goodreads)

What I thought: A lot more graphic than a cozy - there were parts where I was cringing for sure. To me, it didn't take away from the book at all. This is the first of this series that I've ventured into and I completely enjoyed it. I loved the fact that there were two narrators, it made it super interesting. The Chicago accents were spot on too. Made me miss home! I seriously never zoned out at all during this book.

Would I recommend it: Definitely. If you don't like gory (sometimes graphic) details of torture you might want to take a pass though.

Where I got it: The library

Challenges this counts towards: 2011 Audiobook Challenge


~ Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~ Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing comments is almost as good as reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...