Wednesday, June 22, 2011

eReading and The Boy

I found out a few weeks ago that my son has a pretty big summer reading assignment. I posted about it here and needless to say he was less than thrilled. I was making him read anyway - but he was not impressed with having to pick from a list (especially a list that didn't include any of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books!).

But he chose, and I downloaded one of his choices onto my eReader (Captain Nobody by Dean Pitchford). Yesterday he told me "I really like reading on this - maybe I could get one."

Oh my heck - I was laughing so hard - the boy is a reluctant reader at best. So I told him we could share the one I have and maybe at some future date we could get him one - but he has to really show a great love for reading.

Then of course, I started thinking "Well, if he had his own maybe he would become a more avid reader." But nope - not chancing that!

So I'm hoping that him reading eBooks will help grow his love for reading. To me, that's worth sharing the Kobo!

~ Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~ Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing comments is almost as good as reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...