Saturday, April 30, 2011

Series Reader? Check This Out!

Seriously, I mean you have got to check this site out! It's call FictFact and I learned about it through this awesome post from Reading with Tequila. By the way, don't you love her blog name?

She explains it all very well but let me give you my take on this awesome site (that I've become addicted to in a matter of days folks!)

You're perusing your local library, or bookstore, or friends bookshelf, and you see a title that grabs you. So you borrow or buy the book and when you get home there are all these references to something that has happened before. That's when you realize "Oh dang - this is part of a series!" So, this happens to me - a lot. More than I care to admit. Now, you've got to figure out where this particular book is in the series and which other books are in the series.

How do I figure out what, where, and when? I have a list on my desk of all the series books I've read off hand and which books need to be read. I spent hours searching the web for the right order.

Enter FictFact. Now I don't have to do that anymore. Put the books in that you've read and abracadabra! it lists which books are not only in the series, but which to read next. That, my friends is freakin' awesome. Are you finished with a series? Now you'll know. When is the next book coming out? Oh, it let's you know that too.

So if you're a serious series reader, or just an occasional one - you really ought to check out this site. If I did this right you should be able to see my profile here. If not - look me up, I'm planetcaddick (of course!).



~ Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~ Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing comments is almost as good as reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...