Tuesday, April 5, 2011

~Review~ Wedding Day Murder by Leslie Meier

Synopsis (from book jacket) - Already juggling four kids' hectic schedules, a rambunctious dog, and attention-craving husband, and a full-time reporter job, Lucy Stone can't possibly squeeze in another responsibility...or can she? When Sue Finch asks for help planning her daughter Sidra's wedding to Internet millionaire Ron Davitz, loyal pal Lucy willingly dives into the world of white lace, roses, and chair rentals. What could be more perfect than a backyard summer wedding in the Stones' newly built gazebo?


Live doves and a hot air balloon, according to overbearing social climber Thelma Davitz. But the groom's mother's elaborate ideas and constant complaints are the least of Lucy's troubles. With the nuptials looming along with her latest deadline, the arrangements are in utter chaos - and so is Lucy's investigative piece on lobsters. Meanwhile, Ron is making enemies at every turn, including the bride's father, several local lobstermen, harbormaster Frank Wiggins, and the Stones' friend Geoff Rumford - who still happens to be carrying a torch for Sidra.


When the groom's body is found floating beside his yacht, Lucy isn't convinced it was an accidental drowning. From the picturesque waterfront to Norah Hemmings' mansion on toney Smith Heights Road, Tinker's Cove is awash with suspects.


Now, fresh from planning Sidra's wedding, Lucy finds herself contemplating her own funeral as she launches the harrowing pursuit of a killer who will do anything to keep from being unveiled.


What I thought - I love Lucy Stone, which means I love Leslie Meier! Sometimes the plot and characters get a little convoluted, but this one was written very well, without much extra junk (yes, that's my technical term!) thrown in. Not having all the extras didn't take away from the book. There were still plenty of suspects, plenty of motive, and plenty of personal problems to make it interesting without being confusing.

Every time I read one of these books, I want to move to small town Maine! Maybe I should stay away from the cozy's for a while so I don't end up dragging my family up north!

I give it a 4 - I actually loved this one!


~ Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~ Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read any Leslie Meier but I'm going to look for this one. Sounds great.
    кєяo

    ReplyDelete

Writing comments is almost as good as reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...