Monday, April 4, 2011

My First Audio Book

I decided to try an audiobook from the library. I don't listen to much music in the car and it seems like I spend a lot of time there, so I figured why not?

So, I checked out this number, thinking I like Leslie Meier and Joanne Fluke, so it should be OK And you know what, it is! Of course my son and husband don't quite "get" the whole listening to book thing. But that's all right - they aren't really readers (which makes me sad).

Today I finished listening to the first story - Gingerbread Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke. It was good - but I'm not sure if I liked the reader (is that what they're called?) all that much. The second one (Laura Levine's The Dangers of Gingerbread Cookies) started, and I like the reader much better on that one. Also, having never read anything by her before I am definitely interested in looking into her books. A cozy with a cat named Prozac - yeah, my kind of book for sure!

So, I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of my audiobooks and maybe checking out something else later. The selection is rather thin in town, but I could always use the interlibrary loans, right?


~ Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~ Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing comments is almost as good as reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...