Sunday, April 3, 2011

~Review~ Antiques Roadkill: A Trash 'n' Treasure Mystery by Barbara Allen


Synopsis: Determined to make a new start in her quaint hometown on the banks of the Mississippi, Brandy Borne never dreams she'll become the prime suspect in a murder case...Moving back in with her eccentric, larger-than-life mother, Brandy Borne finds small-town Serenity anything but serene. It seems an unscrupulous antiques dealer has swindled Vivian out of the family's heirlooms. But when he is found run over in a country lane, Brandy becomes Murder Suspect Number One - with her mother coming in a very close second...The list of other suspects is impressive - the victim's business seems to have been based on bilking seniors out of their possessions. And when the Borne "girls" uncover a few very unsavoury Serenity secrets, they become targets for a murderer whose favourite hobby seems to be collecting victims. (Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads)


What I thought: Well first, I'd like to say this was an absolutely free eRead that I downloaded onto my Kobo. Seemed like my usual 'type' of book and the price was right - so I had to go for it! I very much loved the tone of the book. Brandy is a lover of sarcasm, and who couldn't love that? If you've lived in a small town you can probably identify with almost all the characters in the book. It took me longer to finish this than it should because I got distracted by school and library books - but when I sat down to finish it, it only took a day. Quick cozy read!


I give it a 3 - I liked it




~ Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~ Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing comments is almost as good as reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...