Friday, March 18, 2011

~Monkeewrench~ by P.J. Tracy

Image from Goodreads

Synopsis - Haunted by a series of horrifying and violent episodes in their past, Grace MacBride and the oddball crew of her software company, Monkeewrench, create a new computer game where the killer is always caught, where the good guys always win. But their game becomes a nightmare when someone starts duplicating the fictional murders in real life, down to the last detail. By the time police realize what's happening, three people are dead. While the authorities scramble to find the killer, the Monkeewrench staff is playing their own game, analyzing victim profiles in a frantic attempt to discover the murderer's next target. In a thriller populated by characters both hilarious and heartbreaking, a rural Wisconsin sheriff, two Minneapolis police detectives, and Grace's gang are caught in a web of decades-old secrets that could get them all killed. ~From the book jacket


What I have to say - WOW! This book was incredible. I didn't even have this on my radar until I read a review on another blog about it and realized I HAD to read it. Then I went to the library, hunted up a copy and read like mad! I can't remember where I read the review now but thanks so very much.  I mean that sincerely. I'm not going to try and get all smart sounding on you by analyzing the characters and their emotional baggage.  I am going to tell you that each person is probably the most perfect mix of good and bad - just like real people.  I'm also going to tell you that you must read this book!  Now I have to add the rest of the series to my TBR pile!


I give this book 5/5 - it was awesome

~ Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~ Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing comments is almost as good as reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...