Thursday, July 7, 2011

~Book Review~ Un Lun Dun

What and Who: Un Lun Dun by China Mieville; eBook edition; ISBN 978-0-345-49723-9

What it's about: By every indication, Zanna seems to be the Chosen One, the girl who is destined to set things in order and lift the evil smog. Even foxes and umbrellas pay her tribute. So when Zanna and her friend Deeba are magically transported to another realm, Un Lun Dun seems headed toward the moment of her triumph. But then, as readers of China Mieville may have already suspected, things happen that were not mentioned in prophecy -- and suddenly, 12-year-old Deeba is thrust into a world-saving situation. (goodreads)


What I thought: I've read varying reviews of this book but it just sounded so interesting I had to give it a shot. I'm glad I did. This book was extremely interesting and the descriptions of the things living in 'the other London' are wonderful. Sometimes frightening, sometimes funny, but always enjoyable. It was long - I had to break the book up by reading a novella in between (because I have a short attention span - I tend to do that a lot!). 


Would I recommend this book? Yes - a little bit of fantasy, and maybe science fiction(?) I'm not sure how to classify it but it was good.


Where I got it: Initially I checked it out from the library - but I had to return it so I bought it for my Nook.


Challenges this book counts towards: 100 Books in a Year Challenge; A to Z Reading Challenge


~ Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~ Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing comments is almost as good as reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...