Friday, June 24, 2011

~Book Review~ The Homeplace

What and Who: The Homeplace by Janet Dailey; Large Print Hardcover Edition; ISBN 0-7838-8686-1

What it's about: Every novel in this collection is your passport to a romantic tour of the United States through time-honored favorites by America's First Lady of romance fiction. Each of the fifty novels is set in a different state, researched by Janet and her husband, Bill. For the Daileys it was an odyssey of discovery. For you, it's the journey of a lifetime. Your tour of desire begins with this story set in Iowa.


What I thought: When I was younger (like much younger - back when Jr. High was Jr. High and not Middle School) I read Janet Dailey like a fiend. That's why I checked this book out - I wanted to see what I loved about the books so much. Honestly, I don't remember - I'm just glad this book was only 200 pages - I couldn't have read anymore than that. It was all just so silly - why hate a guy because he bought the farm? I don't get it. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. 


Would I recommend this book: I would never tell anyone not to read a book - but you may be able to pass on this one.


Where I got it: The library


Challenges this book counts towards: 100 Books in a Year Challenge; 2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

~ Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~ Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing comments is almost as good as reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...