Monday, May 16, 2011

~This Pen for Hire~ by Laura Levine

What and who? This Pen for Hire by Laura Levine


How I got it: I checked it out from the library

What it's about: Jaine Austen is a hip, jack-of-all-trades writer who spends her days penning steamy personal ads. No one needs her help more than geeky Howard Murdoch, whom Jaine successfully sets up on a date. All goes well until Valentine's Day, when Howard finds his new love has been bludgeoned to death. (from goodreads)


What did I think? I love the way Laura Levine writes. Jaine is a real person (well, you can imagine that she is). This is the first book in the Jaine Austen Mystery series, and the second one I've read. I've not been disappointed either time. I discovered her by chance when I checked out an audiobook that had a Christmas mystery on it. Sometimes it's good to try new things! I now have a new cozy author to love and let's face it - I love my cozies!

How am I rating it? I'm rating it a 4.5 - which falls someplace between liked it and loved it!

This book counts towards these challenges: 2011 Support Your Library Challenge and 100 Books in a Year Challenge.


~ Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~ Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing comments is almost as good as reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...