Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Book Blog Hops 3.25.11

So glad it's Friday! 
Today's first hop is hosted by Crazy-for-Books

Book Blogger Hop

Today's question -
If you could physically put yourself into a book or series... which one would it be and why?

Great question! A hard one too. I would have to say I would like to be in the Little House books. Those were my first favorites and I still think it would be awesome to live in the "pioneer days".  Although, I think I'd rather live in town than out on the homestead working my butt off for 20 hours a day!


Now it's time for Follow Friday hosted by Parajunkee



Today's Fun - 
Inspired by the inane twitter trend of #100factsaboutme give us five book related silly facts about you.

Wow - another hard one. Let's see what I can think of...

1. I'm obsessed with picking books to read. I have hundreds on my eReader and shelves full but I still have to go the library at least once a week and get some to read from there too. I'll never be able to read all of them.

2. I never read new releases. The hype is too much and I think I'll be disappointed. I usually wait about a year before I read anything 'new'.

3. I don't keep my books. *GASP* If I've bought books, after I read them I donate them to the library.

4. I never reread books. That's why I don't feel obligated to keep them.

5. I always read a cozy mystery (or two!) after reading a big ass book. Yes, even when it's a series and no, I don't know why!


Join the book hopping fun and have a great weekend!

~ Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~ Author Unknown

15 comments:

  1. I am the opposite of you. I have a hard time getting rid of books. I share really well, but I like to keep those books. I own of library, of course. :) New follower. Happy Friday!

    Aimee
    http://gettingyourreadonaimeebrown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apologies in advance for my answer this week as it will not immediately resonate with the book blogger population which happens to be 99.5% female.

    My choice is a book series geared towards guys which won’t enthrall the vast majority of my fellow book bloggers (who are almost entirely female) with the extensive discussion of powerful weapons and sexy milspec gear, beautiful women, eye-popping action sequences (with occasionally obscene violence), and the like.

    But there IS something in my answer that just about everyone of the female persuasion can benefit from my decidedly “books for guys” post. Hop on over to http://www.howardsherman.net to find out what it is.

    Happy Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the opposite of you, too - I have a hard time letting go of books (unless they're terrible), and have quite a few that I reread often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never thought of the Pioneer Days...that would be fun.

    Hope you have a fun hop.

    My answer has three choices...stop by if you like.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree what you said about new releases. I always have a feeling I wouldn't like it. This idea proved to be quite true when I read Stephanie Meyer's Twilight. I know everyone liked the book but it wasn't for me. I was so disappointed that I was reluctant to pick Harry Potter, which I hadn't read form the scratch. Finally, I read all the 7 seven books but they were great. Recently I've got so many newly released books for review. So far, they're great.
    I'm your new follower.
    I'll be glad if you follow back.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I rarely reread books. There is one book that I can think of that I have and can reread. It's more of like a security thing. I know I can escape into that world, so if I'm having a hard time with something, I grab my glass of wine and that particular book.

    www.reflectionsofabookaholic.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping by:)I haven't read Little House.

    Have a nice weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through. I thought about Little House too, but thought that life would be too hard. I'd love it if someone did the work for me.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tend to want to keep all my books. I have a hard time parting with them.

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by. I really recommend audiobooks. I love them. You have to be picky sometimes because not every audiobook out there is good, but there are some really amazing ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, the Little House series! I read all of them as a kid, and remember wishing very much that I could be in the story with Laura and her family. The reality, though, was probably pretty harsh. :) So I'd choose to be in the world that Wilder describes, instead of the world as it actually was. Enjoy the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. New follower, hopping through. I usually don't read new releases because I would prefer to have it in paperback because I always lose the jacket covers and then I can't look at the pretty covers! Thanks for sharing; have a happy weekend!

    Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm... 5 facts, I thimk I shall stick to one. I enjoy reading!

    If I was stuck in Sherrilyn Kenyon's dark hunter series you will never see me again! *licks lips*

    Mad Scientsit
    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I almost answered the Little House books too and then I got to thinking about those grasshoppers and that long hard winter and then I went more gentle with the Anne of Green Gable books or Miss Read or James Herriot or Mitford.

    Love your blog. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. New Follower, thanks for following me!

    I love keeping my books, if I gave them away I'd feel like I was giving away a part of myself! But it's very good that you donate them!

    ReplyDelete

Writing comments is almost as good as reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...