Wednesday, May 18, 2011

~Book Review~ Zapped by Carol Higgins Clark


Who and What?  Zapped by Carol Higgins Clark. Hardcover edition. ISBN 978-1-4165-6215-3


What it's about: Sleuth Regan Reilly and her husband, Jack, return to New York from their honeymoon in Ireland and discover that their next-door neighbor has put up his apartment for sale. They decide to buy it and enlarge the loft Jack lived in as a bachelor.


Regan takes time off from her work as a Private Investigator to supervise the construction, while Jack resumes his job as head of the Manhattan Major Case Squad.

On a sweltering summer night, a major blackout hits New York City and more than one person in the Reilly's building blows their fuse! In the midst of the chaos, with Jack out coping with the city's problems, Regan finds herself drawn into a case she would never expect to happen in her own home.

Zapped, set in New York City, blends Clark's sophisticated humor with her remarkable gift for portraying characters in different walks of life. Here, she creates a penetrating, humorous profile of bosses and workers in the New York real estate and construction business and the ardors of renovating a home, which we all know can drive one crazy. (goodreads)

What I thought about it: This was my first Carol Higgins Clark novel. I'm a huge fan of Mary Higgins Clark and have read most of her books - so I decided to give it a try. At first I wasn't sure, but the more I read the more I got into it. I loved how all the different characters, from all over the city, ended up coming together in some way. I found all the characters to be quite believable.

How I rate it: I give it a four.

Where I got it: I checked it out from the Sumter County Main Library

Challenges this book counts towards: 100 Books in a Year, A to Z Reading Challenge, and 2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge


~ Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~ Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing comments is almost as good as reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...