Monday, February 21, 2011

My Borders Trip

Yesterday before I got too sick, I managed to head over to our local Borders.  Actually, Waldenbooks, but it's the same thing.

As you may know, I got a Kobo for Christmas, and I am completely in love with that thing.  I love how easy it is to carry.  I love the fact that there are 100's of books on there, so if I finish one there's always another one I can start.  But sometimes, I miss holding a book.  I miss the smell of the pages.  So honestly, I don't know if I'll ever be able to give up printed books altogether.

Anyway, there were shelves and shelves of hardback book (my absolute favorite!) on sale for $5.99.  eep!  Plus my 10% rewards - oh yeah, you knew I would be all over that!

I managed to find some books I wanted, and some I probably wouldn't have gotten if they hadn't been so inexpensive.  My haul from Borders yesterday -

The Wheel of Darkness by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
Undead and Uneasy by Mary Janice Davidson
Fractured by Karin Slaughter
Made in the U.S.A by Billie Letts
In the Still of the Night by Ann Rule (ok, I paid full price for that one)
The Monster of Florence by Douglas Preston with Mario Spezi

I also picked up a new Big Nate book for the boy.  I paid full price for that one too.

I better stay out of that store for a while or I'll go broke saving money!


~ Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~ Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing comments is almost as good as reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...